Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 13, 2012

League Assignment: Mornin Ralph, Mornin Sam...dream job time.

This just in from the League and Cool and Collected...

If money was not a concern and you could choose any career path, what would be your ultimate dream job?



You should see him withOUT the glasses :)

Simply put...I'd be a product quality tester at a Mace plant.  No, I'm just kidding.

I'm kinda half-way there in all reality.  Right now, I'm a long term sub teaching high school World History.   If I could lost the "long term sub" part of it and replace it with "full time", I'd be in heaven!  For practicality's sake, that's where I'd be happy. 


For wish-list, League-inspired, what-if suppositions, I'd really love to hang my hat in a University's History department, or work as a historical researcher or fact-checker for the film and television industry...or, honest to God, do what someone like Mark Bellomo does, working as a lit (in my case history) professor and collecting vintage toys and writing books about said toys.

If only this could be a "day at the office"

Either that or be a combat photographer sans the long-term PTSD that seems to accompany most war-time photographers I read about.   Honestly, I really don't know how they do it.  Read "Where War Lives" by Paul Watson and try to fathom how that guy gets up in the morning and does what he does.

Robert Capa: Now that's an action shot!

Hmmm... I would have expected something a bit more "Christmas-ier" but that's why they pay you the big bucks, Brian. :)  How about next week, we write our wish-lists??!?!?!  Your never too old to bask in avarice, right?
"I'm a happy miser!"
See some other Leaguers

Reis O'Brien is a lucky bastard livin the dream!
Space For Rent would like to be a Possible Astronaut
Flashlights are Something to Eat would like to ask, "does this store look like a store that seels "I just called to say I love you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just adding a bit more security to the comments section due to a very high increase in spammers. Thanks for commenting!